In this tutorial I would like to show how codeigniter project host on to live server. It is very easy to move your codeigniter project to the live server from local system. Just you need a valid domain and hosting to upload files. Follow me i will show step by step.
1. Get your domain and hosting from service provider.Many of service provider gives domain and hosting services at a reasonable price like godaddy, hostgator or others.
2. Make zip of all folders and files inside of your codeigniter project folder in your local system.
3. Now, login to cpanel with your cpanel credentials and go to the File Manager>>public_html and upload your zip file through upload option and extract it. To extract the zip file just right click on zip file and you can see the Extract option.
4. Next create database through Cpanel Mysql databases option.
Create new database.
Create new User.
Add user to the database. Just select User and Database you have created already and click add.
Select privileges that you want to give to that user.
5. Next, setup your base_url and site_url inside application/config/config.php.just write your domain for Ex: https://www.techalltype.com/.This is required to pointing index file of root folder while running domain.
5. Change database configuration inside application/config/database.php. Database, User and password already created.Just put all details in the database config file.
Thats all, Now go to your browser and run your domain Ex: www.techalltype.com. You can see your index page.
Thank you for reading this post. we hope you like this Post, Please feel free to comment below, your suggestion. if you face any issue with this example let us know. We’d love to help!